重要提醒

05/02五月份伙食費!05/09-05/10二段考

2016年1月7日 星期四

104-1高中英文作文比賽第一名-王大芊

       Money; it’s quite a ferocious thing. Although it is literally just a piece of paper, flat and unlike gold or diamonds; it has the ability to bring out the most beastly side of a man: will, power, the hunger of wealth, and selfishness. Yet among the stack of bills kindness lurks in between them… it all depends on how we use it.

  If someone were to hand me $10,000, a dinner would have to be treated to all my dear family and friends. I’d take my family on a vacation to European countries, or even Africa if they had the interest. I would buy myself a new electric guitar, one that would be sleek, black, and shiny, like those 80’s metal rockstars.
     While spending the money is probably the most fun part of getting to have all the cash, saving is the most important of all. I would save $4,000 in my bank for my plans of studying abroad in college. As a shy person myself, studying abroad is something that takes very much courage to do so, and is one of my life goals to step out of my shell and stand a place in society, unafraid and bold. Paying for all the necessities with my own money helps me do so; I believe that it would make my family and I proud, and it wouldn’t be a burden to them as well.
     With all the luxuries, we cannot ever forget about those in some corners of the world who don’t even have one-hundredth of the amount of money we have; families and children all in despair, starved to nothing but skin and bone. We have to know as when we’re all spending these stacks of bills on games, clothes, things we don’t actually need in order to live by, there are some in this world who can’t even have fresh food to eat, clothes to wear, or even clean water to drink. I would be willing to cut back on my spending for luxuries and use the money to help those in need, like the Syrian refugees right now. As I’m sitting in school, safe and with air conditioning, Syrian families are rafting across oceans, running away from their home for safety… who could imagine the fear in the children’s hearts?
     With $10,000 in our hands, we should never take things for granted and be appreciative for the things we already have in life. We are lucky to not have war, and to be able to dress warm and eat full every day. From the things I need and the things I want; the amount of help I could do with all the money, the hearts I could heal, the smiles I could bring back to faces… that’s all I really want.

沒有留言:

張貼留言